Special offers from our partners!
Find Replacement BBQ Parts for 20,308 Models. Repair your BBQ today.
Open as PDF
• NEVER store a spare LP cylinder under or near
the grill appliance or in an enclosed area.
• Never fill a cylinder beyond 80% full.
• If the information in the two points above is not
followed exactly, a fire causing death or serious
injury may occur.
• An over filled or improperly stored cylinder is a
hazard due to possible gas release from the
safety relief valve. This could cause an intense
fire with risk of property damage, serious injury
• If you see, smell or hear gas escaping,
immediately get away from the LP cylinder and
grill appliance and call your fire department.
LP Tank Removal, Transport And Storage
• Turn OFF all control knobs and LP tank valve. Turn coupling
nut counterclockwise by hand only - do not use tools to
disconnect. Lift LP tank wire upward off of LP tank collar, then
lift LP tank up and off of support bracket. Install safety cap
onto LP tank valve. Always use cap and strap supplied with
Failure to use safety cap as directed may result in
serious personal injury and/or property damage.
• A disconnected LP tank in storage or being transported must
have a safety cap installed (as shown). Do not store an LP
tank in enclosed spaces such as a carport, garage, porch,
covered patio or other building. Never leave an LP tank inside
a vehicle which may become overheated by the sun.
• Do not store an LP tank in an area where children play.
• The LP cylinder used with your grill must meet the
• Use LP cylinders only with these required measurements: 12"
(30.5cm) (diameter) x 18" (45.7 cm) (tall) with 20 lb. (9 kg.)
• LP cylinders must be constructed and marked in accordance
with specifications for LP cylinders of the U.S. Department of
Transportation (DOT) or for Canada, CAN/CSA-B339,
cylinders, spheres and tubes for transportation of dangerous
goods. Transport Canada (TC). See LP cylinder collar for
• LP cylinder valve must have:
• Type 1 outlet compatible with
regulator or grill.
• Safety relief valve.
• UL listed Overfill Protection
Device (OPD). This OPD safety
feature is identified by a unique triangular hand wheel. Use
only LP cylinders equipped with this type of valve.
• LP cylinder must be arranged for vapor withdrawal and
include collar to protect LP cylinder valve. Always keep LP
cylinders in upright position during use, transit or storage.
LP (Liquefied Petroleum Gas)
• LP gas is nontoxic, odorless and colorless when produced.
For Your Safety, LP gas has been given an odor (similar to
rotten cabbage) so that it can be smelled.
• LP gas is highly flammable and may ignite unexpectedly
when mixed with air.
LP Cylinder Filling
• Use only licensed and experienced dealers.
• LP dealer must purge new cylinder before filling.
• Dealer should NEVER fill LP cylinder more than 80% of LP
cylinder volume. Volume of propane in cylinder will vary by
• A frosty regulator indicates gas overfill. Immediately close LP
cylinder valve and call local LP gas dealer for assistance.
• Do not release liquid propane (LP) gas into the atmosphere.
This is a hazardous practice.
• To remove gas from LP cylinder, contact an LP dealer or call
a local fire department for assistance. Check the telephone
directory under “Gas Companies” for nearest certified LP
USE AND CARE
OPD Hand Wheel
LP cylinder in upright position for vapor withdrawal
LP Tank Valve